Carbon is built around the concept of flexible dieting. This means that our members have the ability to build their own meals with foods they enjoy while still hitting their macros! In this article, we will run you through some steps and tips that Co-Founder, CEO, and Registered Dietitian Keith Kraker has put together to help you build a balanced meal.
1. Start each meal with a lean protein source. This will make it easier to hit your daily needs and keep you on track throughout the day.
2. Include a veggie and/or fruit (if you have the carbs) with every meal. This will help you reach your fiber and micronutrient needs for health and will help keep you full.
3. Depending on the meal, you may want to add some more carbs. How you distribute your carbs throughout the day will not affect fat loss if total calories are right.
4. Depending on the meal, you may want to add some more fat. You can keep fat a little lower around your workout. How you distribute fat throughout the day will not affect fat loss if total calories are right.
5. Try to pick foods that are predominantly a single macro. This will make it easier to adjust serving sizes to hit your macro targets for the day. Below are some good examples for protein, carbs, and fat.
Here's a recap of the most important points!